Ideal for both beginner students and also more advanced students who would like a slower practice and a chance to fine-tune their alignment
What to expect
Our hatha yoga classes consist of a short meditation, breathing exercises, sun salutations (not always), standing and seated postures. This strengthens, cleanses and relaxes your body and mind. All classes have a final relaxation pose in order to integrate the session and some classes include mantra as well.
Each class is based on the same approach:
- taking you in and out of postures correctly and safely
- using the breath for its many purposes such as clearing the mind and helping with day to day life, or dealing with pain;
- balancing body, mind and spirit to enhance all that you do in life.
A few general reminders:
- We supply mats, but you are more than welcome to bring your own.
- If you can, try not to eat an hour and a half before a class (life is busy, bananas are a great snack if you have to eat).
- Try not to over hydrate before a class—a little water goes a long way. We supply filtered drinking water!
- Bring a towel.